Bhopali Murgh Rezala By Chef Pankaj Bhadouria
Bhopali Murgh Rezala
Bhopali Murgh Rezala is a traditional dish from Bhopal. Chef Pankaj Bhadouria brings this chicken-based dish to your kitchen.Read More
For Bhopali Murgh Rezala
2 tbsp ghee
1 cinnamon stick
4-5 green cardamom
1 tbsp ginger paste
1-2 tbsp garlic paste
750 gms chicken
1 tbsp coriander powder
¼ cup fried onions
salt to taste
2 tbsp almond, poppy seeds & coconut paste
½ cup curd
¼ tsp clove powder
¼ tsp mace powder
1/2 tsp black pepper powder
pinch of nutmeg powder
pinch of saffron
2 tbsp fried onions
2 cups chopped coriander
4 green chillies
water as required
1 tsp ghee
7-8 green chillies
1 tbsp lemon juice
boiled egg for garnish
- Heat ghee in a pan and add 1 stick cinnamon, cloves, green cardamom and saute.
- Add 1 tbsp ginger paste, 1-2 tbsp garlic paste, 750 gms chicken and saute.
- Add 1 tbsp coriander powder, ¼ cup fried onions, salt and mix well.
- Add 2 tbsp almond, poppy seeds, coconut paste, 1/2 cup curd and stir continuously.
- In a bowl mix ½ cup curd, ¼ tsp clove powder, ¼ tsp mace powder, ½ tsp black pepper powder, a pinch of nutmeg powder, a pinch of saffron, 2 tbsp fried onions.
- Add the curd mixture to the chicken curry and mix. Add 2 cups chopped coriander, 4 slit green chillies and mix again. Add water as required and cook till rogan comes on top.
- In a tadka pan, heat 1 tsp ghee, add slit green chillies and fry. Add 1 tbsp lemon juice and fried green chillies and mix well.
- Serve hot and garnish with boiled egg and coriander sprig.
Bhopali Murgh Rezala is a traditional dish from the Nawabi kitchens of the city of lakes Bhopal. This dish does not take long to cook and is finger-licking good.
Chicken is cooked along with whole spices, ginger paste, garlic paste and fried onions. But what makes this dish special and rich is the creamy paste of lots of almonds (or cashews). The addition of freshly chopped coriander and tempering with fried green chillies takes this dish to another level.