Ariselu By Chef Rakesh Raghunathan
Ariselu is a classic sweet from Andhra Pradesh. Chef Rakesh Raghunathan shares the recipe in detail.Read More
200 ml sesame oil
1 cup roasted rice flour
1 cup jaggery
1 tsp white sesame seeds
1 tsp cardamom powder
2 tsp ghee
salt to taste
- Firstly heat a pan, add 1 cup jaggery, water as required, and melt the jaggery to form a syrup.
- Now take a large mixing bowl, add 1 cup roasted rice flour, 1 tsp cardamom powder, 1 tsp white sesame seeds, 2 tsp ghee, and salt to taste and mix it well.
- Then filter the jaggery syrup in the rice flour mixture and make a soft dough.
- Grease a banana leaf with ghee and spread the dough in the shape of Ariselu.
- Gently place the Ariselu in hot oil and fry.
- When one side is cooked, then turn over gently and fry the other side and drain the oil.
- Now Ariselu is ready to serve. Garnish it with sesame seeds and powdered jaggery.
Ariselu is made during weddings and festivals like Sankranti. This dish is made with rice flour, ghee and jaggery. The jaggery is made into syrup and added to the raw rice flour. This jaggery syrup and rice flour dough is rested for a few minutes. The dough is then rolled by hand into small round shapes and deep-fried.
This Ariselu is healthy and tasty too.