Anokhi Kheer By Chef Pankaj Bhadouria
Anokhi Kheer as the name suggests is truly a unique dish. Chef Pankaj Bhadouria brings the recipe of this sweet dish to your kitchen.Read More
For Anokhi Kheer
1 tbsp ghee
1 cup sliced white onions
750 ml milk
6-7 tbsp sugar
¼ cup khoya
¼ cup condensed milk
1 tsp saffron
1 tbsp chopped almonds
1 tbsp pistachios
1 tbsp chopped cashew nuts
- Heat ghee in a pan, add sliced white onion and saute until the onions gets caramelised.
- Boil milk in a pot and reduce it until half.
- Add the caramelised onions to the reduced milk.
- Add sugar, khoya, condensed milk to the milk mixture.
- Add saffron, chopped almonds, pistachios, crushed nuts and mix well.
- Serve cold and garnish with pistachios.
Varieties of Kheer form a big part of Indian cuisine. However, a kheer made with onion may sound strange but Anokhi kheer is indeed a sweet dish made with onions.
It is made with milk, white onions and sugar. Chef uses white onions as they are a little sweeter compared to the red ones. The addition of ghee, khoya, condensed milk, sugar and chopped dry fruits to the boiled milk along with onions enhances the flavour of this kheer.
Anokhi Kheer is a simple, unique and tasty sweet dish that could surprise even a seasoned foodie.