Ingredients For Vegan Beetroot Soup with Coconut Milk Recipe
2 beetroots peeled and cut
1 large carrot chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp Olive Oil
6 cups water OR vegetable stock
3 inches piece ginger juliened
1 tbsp coriander seed, freshly ground
2 tsp cumin seed, freshly ground
1 tsp black pepper, freshly ground + more to taste
Salt to taste
1 cup coconut milk fresh or store-bought
1 tbsp lime juice
Bunch of chopped onion or garlic chives to garnish
How to make Vegan Beetroot Soup with Coconut Milk Recipe?
- Firstly, place a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil.
- Once hot, chopped onions and sauté until the onions start to brown and become translucent.
- Next, add the chopped beets, carrots, water, garlic, ginger, ground coriander, ground cumin, black pepper and salt.
- Now, cover the pot and bring to a low boil until the beets are tender. It takes 10-15 minutes.
- Subsequently, turn off the heat and add the lime juice and coconut milk.
- Blend the soup until smooth and creamy with a hand blender.
- Finally, serve Vegan Beetroot Soup with Coconut Milk in a wide bowl.
- Drizzle the coconut milk and weave it into a flower with a chopstick or toothpick.
- Garnish with chopped fresh garlic chives or coriander, roasted coriander and cumin seeds.
- Serve hot with herbed garlic bread on the side.
- 1.You can add move veggies of your choice. 2.Add tour own spices 3.Cook faster in a pressure cooker. 4.Freshly chopped coriander instead of garlic chives 5.Cashew cream or butter instead of coconut milk