Til Gud Ladoo Recipe By Nandita Saha
Catch up on Lifestyle Shows.
Read about Lifestyle.
Discover new Recipes.
Know your Chefs.
Participate and Win.
Share and Comment.
Stay in Tune.
Additional details required
Til Gud Ladoo Recipe
Winner - Utsaval Recipe Contest
Til Gud Ladoo's are the essence of Makar Sankranti celebration which is a harvest festival, especially in Maharashtra. These are healthy, nutty and delicious ladoos prepared with sesame seeds, peanuts and jaggery. So let's come together and say, "Til Gud ghya, god god bola!"Read More
- 200 gms Organic Sesame seeds (Til)
- 200 gms Organic Jaggery (Gud)
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 3 tbsp Peanuts
- 1 tsp Cardamom/Elaichi powder
- 3 tbsp water
- Step 1- Roast sesame seeds for 3-4 mins on a low flame.
- Step 2- Roast peanuts till it becomes crunchy.
- Step 3- In a thick bottomed Kadhai, add ghee, jaggery and stir continuously on a low flame, till it dissolves completely. Add water, let it bubble and stir till the jaggery solution comes to a soft ball. To check this, take some water in a small bowl, drop few drops of jaggery solution in the water. It should not mix with the water and should be sticky forming a soft ball.
- Step 4- Switch off the heat, add dry roasted peanuts, sesame seeds and cardamom powder. Mix quickly and thoroughly with the Jaggery solution. Spread some water/ghee in your palm to form ladoo, when the mixture is still hot. If it cools down, Til Ladoos cannot be formed. Til Gud Ladoos are ready!.