Ingredients For Soya Chunks Fry Recipe
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
¼ teaspoon crushed black pepper or ground black pepper powder
¼ teaspoon of garam masala powder
½ teaspoon of fennel powder
½ teaspoon of cumin powder
½ teaspoon kashmiri red chilli powder (swap with ¼ teaspoon cayenne or ½ teaspoon paprika.)
1 teaspoon coriander powder
How to make Soya Chunks Fry Recipe?
- First, add 1 cup of soya chunks to a strainer and rinse 2 to 3 times. Then in a pan, pour 2.5 to 3 cups of water, add 1 pinch of salt and add the rinsed soya chunks. Use soy chunks that are within their shelf period and have not turned rancid.
- Boil soya chunks for 4 to 5 more minutes on medium heat. This implies that after the water begins to boil, continue to boil further for 4 to 5 minutes. So consider a total time of 8 to 9 minutes once you keep the pan on the stove-top
- Drain soya chunks in a mesh strainer and rinse well with fresh water. Once the soya chunks are warm, squeeze the soy chunks between your palms to remove all the liquids and set aside for later.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of coconut oil in a pan or skillet. Then add 1-inch of cinnamon, 2 cloves, 1 green cardamom and fry for a few seconds until they crackle. Prep all your ingredients before you begin to cook the dish.
- Add 1 cup of thinly sliced onions, 1 teaspoon of finely chopped garlic and 1 teaspoon of finely chopped ginger.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and sauté onions. Add a pinch of salt to cook the onions faster.
- The onions will soften first and become light golden. Once the onions are fully golden turn off the heat.
- Add 2 to 3 green chilies and 12 to 15 curry leaves. I used 4 green chilies as these are milder.
- Switch on the heat. Mix and sauté for one minute.
- Add ½ cup of finely chopped tomatoes.
- Sauté stirring often until tomatoes become soft, mushy and oil releases from the sides.
- You can switch off the heat or keep it to a low when you add the ground spices. Add the following listed spices: