Singar ji mithai By Meeta Kataria
Catch up on Lifestyle Shows.
Read about Lifestyle.
Discover new Recipes.
Know your Chefs.
Participate and Win.
Share and Comment.
Stay in Tune.
Additional details required
Singar ji mithai
Winner - Utsaval Recipe Contest
Singar ji mithai or Sev barfi as most know it , is a traditional Sindhi mithai eaten or made in most Sindhi homes. It is a milk & mawa based preparation with unsalted sev as the main ingredient.Read More
- 250gms unsalted sev
- 250gms sugar
- 300gms mawa
- 500ml full fat milk
- Rose water / essence
- Pista slices for garnish
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- Boil the milk in a thick bottomed vessel & let it simmer for 5 minutes .
- Add the sugar & continue to simmer on medium flame for 5 minutes after it has dissolved .
- Now add the mawa , continuously stirring till it has dissolved completely & for another 2 minutes .
- Finally add the sev , mix it gently not vigorously, add the cardamom powder & switch off the flame.
- Let it sit for 15-20 minutes, then mix it once again , now add few drops of rose water or 1/2 tsp of essence & cool completely before transfer to the serving vessel .
- Garnish with pista slices, serve at room temperature or slightly warm.