Ingredients For Rajasthani makki ka dhokla and kadhi Recipe
2 cups Maize flour
1 tbsp Peanut or mustard oil
1 tbsp Sesame seeds
1/2 tbsp Papad khar
To taste Salt
1 tsp Red Chilli powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
2 tsp Coriander leaves chopped
2 tbsp fenugreek Leaves chopped
1/2 cup Lukewarm Water
1 1/2 cups curd
1/4 cup besan
1/2 tsp Jeera /cumin seeds
Few curry leaves
Handful chopped coriander leaves
Salt as required
How to make Rajasthani makki ka dhokla and kadhi Recipe?
- Soak papad khar in warm water and keep aside. Mix makki ka atta with all the mentioned spices, sesame seeds, coriander, fenugreek leaves, and season with salt to make a dry crumble mix...
- Add peanut oil to the dry mix and soaked papad khar water. Knead to make a soft dough. Use oil to grease hands while kneading to avoid dough sticking to the palm.
- Pinch a ball and flatten to make a disk. Pierce your index finger in the center to make a hole.Shape the dhoklas into a ring.
- Heat water in a steamer or dhokla maker and grease the plate.
- Place the dhokla rings on the plate and steam for 25 minutes or till the tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Serve Rajasthani Makki ke Dhokle Recipe with buttermilk , besan kadhi or Panchmel dal.
- For kadhi..
- In a bowl mix curd, besan, salt and little water
- In a pot add ghee, hing, rai, jeera, green chilli , cloves, curry leaves and red chilli powder. Slow the heat and Add the curd mixture.
- Add more water if required. Cook on slow flame for 15-20 min and its ready. Add coriander for better taste.