Ingredients For Phirni Reinvented Recipe
1 L Milk
50g Rice flour
Few strands Saffron
10 drops Kewra water
100g khoya Khoya/mawa
100g Passion fruit puree
50g Orange juice
5g Agar agar
80g Egg whites
20g Almond powder
10g Refined flour
100g Neutral glaze
Few strands Soaked in water Saffron
Water to adjust consistency
How to make Phirni Reinvented Recipe?
- Boil all the ingredients of PASSIONFRUIT puree and let it cool. Keep it in small sphere to set.
- Whisk egg whites for dacquoise until stiff peaks by gradually adding sugar. Add remaining ingredients, cut & fold. Bake at 200C for 7-8 minutes. Cut in small ring moulds.
- Soak rice flour in some water for 1 hour. Boil milk, add saffron to it and let it simmer for 10 minutes
- Add in soaked rice flour and stir continuously so it doesn't get burn
- When it starts to thicken, add khoya & sugar.
- Cook till it reaches nice thick consistency
- Let it cool and then start assembling
- Take a bigger 7cm diameter sphere mould and fill half of it with cooled phirni.
- In the centre add frozen set passionfruit gel.
- Cover it by adding the phirni and at last insert the dacquoise
- Keep in the freezer atleast for 4 hours until it is set. Demould & glaze with neutral glaze mixed with saffron water.
- Garnish with saffron & crushed nuts and wait until it's completely thawed to enjoy the amazing flavors