Ingredients For Chole Ka Samosa Recipe
2-3 medium size potato (boiled, peeled and mashed)
1 cup chole (soaked and boiled)
2 cups of all purpose flour
1/4 cups water for kneading or as required
1/4 cup oil for kneading
1/2 tsp salt for kneading
3/4 tsp ajwain/carom seeds
2 tbsp oil for stuff
1-2 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp coriander seeds (crushe
1/4 tsp turmeric powder (optional)
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp aamchur powder1/2 tsp Kashmiri Lal mirch powder
1-2 green chillies, finely chopped
1/2 tsp Kashmiri Lal mirch powder
2-4 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
Salt to taste
Water for sealing
Oil for deep frying
How to make Chole Ka Samosa Recipe?
- Take a large mixing bowl, add all purpose flour, salt, ajwain mix well, now add oil crumble and mix. Note, at this stage oil should be enough to make Samosa flaky. As shown in the picture.
- If the mixture holds shape your consistency of the dough is perfect, go ahead, add water as required and start to knead the dough. Your dough should be tight and stiff not soft. As shown in the picture.
- Otherwise, Samosa will not be crispy and flaky. Grease the dough with oil, cover the dough and let it be rest for at least 20 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, take a pan heat oil, add cumin seeds and saute for a few seconds, add boiled and mashed potato, add boiled chole, then saute well. Add salt, cumin powder, aamchur powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, Kashmiri Lal mirch powder, garam masala powder and turmeric powder. As shown in the picture.
- Mash and mix well this stuffing mixture. Make sure all the spices are well combined. Add chopped green chillies and coriander leaves and cook for a few seconds. Yours chole stuffing is ready. Allow it to cool completely. As shown in the picture.
- Now, your dough is ready, remove the dough from the bowl on the rolling pin and starts kneading the dough again for a few minutes. As shown in the picture.
- ) Make a ball size dough and grease with oil roll the dough into oval shape and cut it horizontally, then divide it into 2 equal portions using a knife. As shown in the picture.
- Take one portion of this and fold it into a cone shape, grease with water and make a cone. As shown in the picture.
- Now stuff 2-3 tbsp of prepared chole stuff into the cone. Apply water on the edges, and stick the edges to seal well. As shown in the picture.
- 1On one of the sides of Samosa make a pleat and stick well, this will give a perfectly standing Samosa. Make sure Samosa is sealed well. Press down on the edges to seal them very well. As shown in the picture.
- 11)Take a pot/kadai, heat enough oil for frying the Samosa. Oil should not be very hot or smoky hot. Oil must be medium hot. To test the temperature of the oil, just drop a small portion of the dough in the oil. The dough should not be immediately come up and turn golden. As shown in the picture.
- 1And oil must not be bubbling, or sizzling a lot. The dough must be slowly cooking and have a tiny bubble in the oil. Now on medium heat, drop a Samosa one by one, fry three to four Samosa at a time or depending on the size of the kadhai. As show in the picture.
- 1Have patience, don't rush they will take a lot of time to fry. When crust begins to firm up slowly, increase the flame to medium and cook until golden brown. Flip them and stirring occasionally for even frying. As shown in the picture.
- 1It takes about 15 minutes to get a nice golden, crispy and flaky crust. When Samosa turn golden, remove them from the oil with a help of slotted spoon to a kitchen tissue. Repeat this process for the rest of the batch of Samosas. As shown in the picture.
- 1Yours delicious Chole Ka Samosa is ready to serve. Serve hot with Mint Chutney, Tamarind Chutney or Tomato Ketchup. As shown in the picture.