50-50 Sandwich Bread By Sonia Gupta
Catch up on Lifestyle Shows.
Read about Lifestyle.
Discover new Recipes.
Know your Chefs.
Participate and Win.
Share and Comment.
Stay in Tune.
Additional details required
50-50 Sandwich Bread
A delicious 50 50 bread that brings the best of both the flour i.e. All-Purpose and Whole Wheat flour. For those who like to make their bread healthier but still not able to get over the fluffiness of all-purpose bread, this 50 50 bread is a great solution.Read More
- 250 gm Whole Wheat Flour
- 250 gm All Purpose Flour
- 5 gm Instant Yeast
- 5 gm Sugar
- 5 gm Salt
- 270 ml Water
- 2 tbs olive oil
- To activate yeast, dissolve it into lukewarm water with sugar. Let it rest until it froths. In a large mixing bowl, add flour, salt, and activated yeast solution. Start kneading the dough by adding water to it. Make a soft and little sticky dough.
- Transfer the dough on lightly floured surface. Add oil to it and knead it for 8-10 minutes until dough becomes non-sticky. Place the dough into a greased bowl and cover it with cling wrap. Place the bowl into a warm and dry place until dough doubles in volume.
- Once the dough is double in volume, take it out on kitchen counter. Punch it to release the air. After punching, roll the dough into a rectangular sheet and shape it into a tight log.
- For this recipe, I have used Pullman loaf tin (10x4.5x4.5).
- Grease the tin and its cover with butter. Place the dough log into the tin with seam side facing the bottom of the tin. Close the lid and let the dough rest for the second rise.
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 200 °After 30 minutes of resting time, place the tin with closed lid into the preheated oven for 35 minutes.
- After 35 minutes, take the tin out from the oven. Demould the bread. Let the bread rest on cooling rack for minimum 2 hours before slicing.