Terms and Conditions of Utsaval Recipe Contest
ZEE Entertainment Enterprises Limited (“ZEEL”) is organizing “Utsaval Recipe Contest” (“Contest”) to be telecasted on the channel(s) of ZEEL viz. “ZEE ZEST”
By means of these terms and conditions set forth herein (“Terms and Conditions”), ZEEL is providing an opportunity to the interested Participant/Participants (“Participant(s)”) to submit recipes in the Contest on terms more particularly described herein below, which Participant agrees to be unconditionally bound by:
- This Contest is organized by ZEEL on air, social media and on ground (“Platforms”) for a period of 1 (one) month commencing from 20th September 2022 to 20th October 2022 (“Contest Period”) Contest is open 24 hours a day for each day of the Contest Period on Channel website www.zeezest.com
- The Contests will be promoted on the below mentioned platformed wherein where the viewers can log onto the Contest page to participate
- Zee Zest Channel,
- FB - @ZeeZest
- IG – Instagram.com/zeezest
- Contest page: zeezest.com/URC
3. The Contest is open for Indian nationals residing in India (“Territory”)and open to all age group.
4. The Participant agrees to provide complete and correct information with respect to his/her name, phone number, residence address, e-mail address, age, copy of Self-attested Proof of identity cum permanent address proof Aadhar card / Election card/permanent Driver’s License/Valid Passport and permanent account number card (“PAN card”) and such other information as may be required by ZEEL from time to time. ZEEL has the right at any time to ask the Participant to provide proof of identity and/or eligibility. If the Participant fails to provide such proof by Participant immediately upon request by ZEEL, ZEEL shall have the right to disqualify the Participant from the Contest and/or the withdrawal of the Gratification (defined below) at the sole discretion of ZEEL. For sake of clarity, ZEEL can disqualify the said Participant even after the Participant was declared Winner initially.
II. PROCEDURE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST AND SELECTION OF WINNER
5. The Participant can participate in this Contest in the following manner:
- STEP 1: The viewers who desire to participate in the contest need to go the Contest page to participate
- STEP 2: The Participant needs to fill in its name,email id, age, town/city, contact number and any other information as mentioned on the contest page.
- STEP 3: After providing the above information the Participant needs to upload a picture of the recipe, fill in the details related to the recipe, ingredients of the recipe and step by step cooking process(collectively referred hereunder as “recipe”) and any other information as mentioned on the contest page.
- STEP 4: The Participant will then have to upload the said recipe to submit their Participation for the Contest.
- STEP 5: Once uploaded, the Participant can share their recipes so as to achieve votes on the Recipe via social media platforms.
- STEP 6: The top 10 (ten) highest voted recipes will be listed on the leader board on the Platform every week within the Contest Period and will be declared as Weekly Winners (“Weekly Winners”). The four weeks of the Contest are as follows:
Hence, total 40 (forty) Winners shall be declared as Weekly Winners and will be gratified with gift vouchers (“Prize”)on the basis of the timelines set above. In addition to that, at the end of the Contest Period, the Participant with the highest votes as on 20th October 2022, will be declared as Grand Prize Winner (“Grand Prize Winner”) and will receive an iPhone (“Grand Prize”).
(Grand Prize and Prize shall be collectively referred as “Gratification” hereunder and Grand Prize Winners and Weekly Winners shall be collectively referred as “Winners” hereunder)
6. The decision of declaration of Winners shall be on the basis of votes received on Recipe. In case of lack of votes or in the event of tieZEEL shall declare Winner on a random basis by an automated system (leader board)and the said shall be final and binding and shall not be disputed or challenged by the Participant. In case of any dispute, the decision of ZEEL’s shall be final and binding on all concerned.
7. The Weekly Winners of the Contest will be announced at the end of every week of the Contest Period on the Platforms as defined above and the Grand Prize Winner shall be declared at the end of the entire Contest. ZEEL may change any day of declaration of Winners upon its sole discretion.
8. Each Participant shall be declared as a Weekly Winner only once during the Contest Period. However, the Weekly Winner can be declared as Grand Prize Winner if he fulfils the criteria as mentioned under Clause 5 above and achieves highest votes on its Recipe.
9. ZEEL shall contact the Winners on the telephone numbers provided by the Participant only once or the Winner shall contact ZEEL within 7(seven) days of announcement of the Winners. In the event any of the Winners is not available/ reachable on the number provided by the Participant and/or the Participant fails to connect with ZEEL within said 7 (seven) days such Winner forfeits his/her right to the Gratification and ZEEL may in its sole discretion hand over the Gratification to another winner and the same shall be final and binding.
10. If the telephone number of any Participant has been transferred to another individual after Entry into the Contest, the Participant who owned the telephone number at the time of Entry into the Contest shall not claim the Gratification or make any claims in respect of the Contest in this regard.
11. If any of the Gratification Winners do not respond to the WhatsApp message and/or phone call from ZEEL response team within 24 hrs of intimation of the same, the Gratification shall unconditionally and irrevocably lapse and such Winner will cease to have any right, interest or claim in the same.
12. Entries received after the before or after the Contest Date mentioned above will be considered invalid, null and void.
13. ZEEL accepts no responsibility under any circumstance whatsoever for including but not limited to incomplete or incomprehensible questions, for technical and/or telephone networks, which become lost, misdirected, or delayed.
14. By participating and by submitting the Entries consisting of Participant contact or other details, you hereby give acceptance to the compliance of the Terms and Conditions. The said T&C of this Contest are as uploaded on thezeezest.com and grant ZEEL and the sponsor(s) of Show to use, process, retain and monetize the Entries for any purposes including commercial and marketing purposes.
15. ZEEL shall hand over or deliver (as the case may be) the Gratification after the Winner sends required documents as communicated to the Winner by ZEEL. ZEEL shall communicate to the Winners the mode and manner of delivery of the Gratification. The Gratification would be sent to the Winners after the Contest Date and after providing self-attested proof of identity cum permanent address proof (Aadhar card/ Election card/ Permanent Driver’s License/Valid Passport) andPan Card verification in case of Winner is above the age of 18 (eighteen) years.If the eligible Winners are below 18 (eighteen) years of age, the documents of the legal guardian or the parents shall be required by ZEEL along with Aadhar/birth certificate of the minor, to establish the relationship between the minor and the legal guardian, parents for the processing the Gratification.
16. In addition to the above, in case ZEEL requires any additional documents/ information, for confirmation, ZEEL shall convey the same to the Winner and the Winner will be required to comply with requirements of ZEEL. In case of non-compliance in submission of such documents/ additional documents/ information, ZEEL may decide against giving the Gratification to the Winner and the Winner shall have no objection to the same.
17. ZEEL will not bear any additional expenses in relation to the Gratification.
18. The Gratification shall not be transferable. The Gratification shall not be redeemable for kind. No request shall be entertained by ZEEL in this regard. ZEEL disclaims any liability arising from the Gratification.
19. The Participant expressly agrees that ZEEL will have the unfettered right to reproduce all the Entries on any and all formats, media and/or mediums including but not limited to television, internet, mobile, print, etc.
20. All rights (including intellectual property rights), title, claim and interest in the promotional material(s) and any/all Entries received shall vest solely and exclusively with ZEEL at all times.
III. REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND LIABILITY
21. ZEEL shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever that may be suffered by the Participant as a result of participating in this Contest or using any Gratification.
22. ZEEL disclaims all warranty and makes no representation about the quality, usefulness, worthiness, delivery or otherwise of the Gratification offered. All images/visuals of the Gratification in the communications or advertising material or content are indicative only.
23. ZEEL accepts no responsibility for any non-delivery of the Contest Gratification.
24. ZEEL accepts no responsibility if the Gratification is not availed by the Participant within the applicable time.
25. ZEEL is in no manner whatsoever responsible and/or shall not be held liable, for any physical injury, death, mental trauma caused to any Participant in any manner whatsoever, in relation to participation in the Contest.
26. ZEEL shall not be liable for any loss, damage, theft, or any other mishap caused to the Gratification.
27. ZEEL, shall be under no liability whatsoever to the Participants, in respect of any loss, damage suffered by the Participants arising from or pursuant to the participation in the Contest or for any and all loss, damage, cost, expense or injury to life or property sustained by the Participant at any stage of the Contest whether or not caused by (1) the Participant’s participation in the Contest; (2) as a result of the any decisions of ZEEL for any matter relating to the Contest; (3) as a result of any comment, remark, judgment, view, criticism, critique, opinion and/or observation in relation to any Nominee made and/or passed by the mentor appointed by ZEEL for the Contest. Notwithstanding the generality of the foregoing, ZEEL expressly excludes liability for all direct, indirect and consequential loss or damage, including but not limited to loss or damage to property or for loss of profit, business, revenue, goodwill or anticipated savings pursuant to participation in the Contest. In no event will the measure of damages include, nor will ZEEL be liable for, any amounts for indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages of any party, including third parties; or for damages attributable to the Participant; or circumstances beyond ZEEL’s reasonable control.
28. The Participant agrees and acknowledges that for the purpose of the Contest, ZEEL and its representatives may gain access to personal information of the Participant. ZEEL takes appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information provided by the Participant against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure, or access. However, ZEEL cannot guarantee the security of any personal information or data which the Participant discloses. In any event, Participant agrees not to hold ZEEL responsible for any breach of security, except in case of negligence or willful default on the part of ZEEL under the relevant legislation.
29. The Winner will use the Gratification entirely at its own risk and will indemnify and hold the ZEEL harmless for any accident, harm, death, damages, costs and/or loss sustained by the Winner because of the possession or use of Gratification won in the Contest.
IV. OTHER TERMS
30. In case of any dispute or difference in respect of this Contest, Terms and Conditions, etc., the decision of ZEEL’s management shall be final and binding on all concerned. No correspondence disputing this Contest, Terms and Conditions, decision relating to the Winners, any decision of ZEEL’s management, etc will be entertained by ZEEL.
31. All rights, title, claim and interest, including but not limited to the intellectual property rights, in the promotional material(s)/activity and in any and all Entries of the Participants’ received shall vest solely and exclusively with ZEEL throughout the world in perpetuity. The Participant/Winners agree and acknowledge that ZEEL or any person or entity permitted by ZEEL in this regard shall be entitled to the unrestricted use of the Entries received or any information in connection with the Entry in any media for future promotional, marketing, publicity and any other purpose, without any permission and/or payment to the Participant/Winners. The Participant/Winners shall not dispute the same at any stage. The Participant/Winners hereby further undertake to do any and all acts and execute any and all documents in such manner and at such locations as may be required by ZEEL in its sole discretion in order to secure, protect, perfect or enforce any of the rights of ZEEL pursuant to this Contest and/or Terms and Conditions. In the event the Participant/Winners fail to do so within two (2) days of receipt of a request from ZEEL to do or perform an act or execute a document, ZEEL shall be entitled to exercise the same in place of the Participant as the lawful appointed attorney and the Participant undertakes to affirm, ratify and be bound by such exercise of the right by ZEEL as mentioned hereunder.
32. ZEEL reserves the absolute right to modify, amend or alter the rules governing the Contest its sole discretion without giving any prior notice. The updated Terms governing the Contest will be published by the ZEEL at the same Website where the original Terms and Conditions are published. It shall be the sole responsibility of the Participants to check the Rules and Regulations of the Contest on the Website.
33. The interpretation and implementation of the Terms and Conditions shall be at the sole discretion of ZEEL. The decisions of ZEEL shall be final and binding, and not subject to challenge or appeal.
34. The Participant hereby acknowledges that he/she has completely read and fully understood the above Terms and Conditions and agree to abide and be bound by it and all information given by the Participant is true and correct and the Participant shall be responsible and liable to indemnify the ZEEL against any loss/damage/claims etc. arising due to any misrepresentation or incomplete information provided by the Participant including but not limited to claims related to intellectual property.
35. Nothing herein shall be deemed to create a partnership, agency or an employer-employee relationship between the Participant and ZEEL.
36. The Terms and Conditions shall be governed, interpreted by and construed in accordance with the laws of India and the Courts of Mumbai, India shall have sole and exclusive jurisdiction over any suit or other proceeding arising out of or based upon these Terms and Conditions.
37. The Participant acknowledges that any and all Entries submitted for the shall not be publicly viewable. The Participant shall not (and shall not cause or permit others to) at any time, either during the continuance of the Contest Period under this Agreement or thereafter, disclose any story, title, Entries submitted by the Participant to public or to any third parties. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Participant agrees and acknowledges that ZEEL and/or any party authorized by ZEEL shall be entitled to have access to the Entries at all times during the Contest. Participant acknowledges that the Entries are not being submitted/ disclosed to ZEEL in confidence.
38. The Terms and Conditions of and in relation to the Contest as stated herein, is an electronic record in Terms and Conditions of Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules thereunder as applicable and the amended provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes as amended by the Information Technology (Amendment) Act, 2008. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
39. Participants shall be solely responsible for any costs and expenses incurred towards internet connection charges, e-mail transmission charges, data transfer (send/receive) charges, mobile connection charges or other incidental costs or expenses as may be applicable, inclusive or exclusive of any other service charges, applicable taxes, levies, duties, cess, etc. depending upon the service provider.
40. ZEEL shall not be responsible for any errors or omissions in the Terms and Conditionscontained herein. All information provided is provided “As is” without warranty of any kind. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, ZEEL disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Without limiting the foregoing, ZEEL specifically disclaim any warranty (a) that the Platforms will be uninterrupted or error-free, (b) that defects will be corrected, (c) that there are no viruses or other harmful components that exist on the Platform (d) regarding the security of information submitted, and (e) regarding correctness, accuracy, or reliability. If parent/legal guardian of the minor Participant(s) use of the App, online entry form results in the need for servicing or replacement of Participant (s) or another's equipment or data, ZEEL are not responsible for those costs.
41. If the Participant is found indulging in any malpractices such as cheating, misrepresentation, providing false information then the Entry of such Participant shall not be taken into consideration and strict legal action may be taken by ZEEL against such a parent or legal guardian of the Participant.
42. The Participant represents and warrants that there are no alleged, threatening, or pending litigation related to him/her which will impact ZEEL in any manner.
43. Nothing stated in this Agreement shall be construed so as to require the commission of any act contrary to law and wherever there is any conflict between any provision of this Agreement and any material statute, law, ordinance or regulation contrary to which the Parties have no legal right to contract then the latter shall prevail but in such event the provisions of this Agreement so affected shall be curtailed and limited only to the extent necessary to bring it within the legal requirements.
44. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is deemed invalid by any law or a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any term of these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and ZEEL’s failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. ZEEL reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time and without notice, and it is the Participant’s responsibility to review these Terms and Conditions for any changes. The Participant’s use of the Website following any amendment of these Terms and Conditions will signify its assent to and acceptance of its revised Terms and Conditions.
45. The ZEEL does not make any commitment, express or implied, to respond to any feedback, suggestion and, or, queries of the Participant at any stage.
46. The Participant understands the nature of the Contest shall not under any circumstances use abusive language, obscene gestures, language containing double meaning or sexual overtones, or any defamatory statements against any person living or dead or ask any questions or make statements concerning the religion, caste, creed or sex during the Term of this Terms and Conditions & Conditions or anytime thereafter.
47. The Participant represents, warrants and agrees that he/she shall at all times be in full and complete compliance with all applicable laws, statutes, acts, rules, customary norms.
48. Any entry submitted by the Participant in connection with the Contest shall be irrevocable and not subject to challenge or appeal.
49. ZEEL reserves the right to terminate and/or postpone the Contest without giving any prior notice to the Participant(s). Such decision shall be final and binding on the Participant(s) and the same shall not be disputed and/ or challenged in a court of law.
50. The Participant acknowledges that he/she has voluntarily chosen to participate in the Contest at his/her free-will without being under any coercion or duress, individually and jointly, and is willing to bear all risk, costs and consequences arising from such participation in the Contest
51. The Entry made by the Participant is non-transferable and non-exchangeable.
52. The Participant or any person related to them shall not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Participant accounts, servers or networks connected to ZEEL’s services by any means including but not limited to disrupt ZEELs services by uploading content which contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource. The Participant or any person related to them agree not to disrupt, overburden, or aid or assist in the disruption or overburdening of any computer or server used to offer or support ZEEL or ZEEL services.
54. ZEEL, all participating sponsors, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies shall not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or Entries (b) electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of ZEEL.
55. ZEEL is empowered to take a decision on any case not covered by the present Terms and Conditions and the said decisions shall be considered as final and binding on the Participants.
57. Company shall not be held accountable/liable for any disruptions/stoppages/ interruptions or cancellation of the production of the Event and/or conducting the Contest on account of any force majeure factors or otherwise.
58. The employees, the immediate family members (spouses, domestic partners, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, and grandchildren) of the employees, representatives, agents etc. ZEEL and/or its affiliates, associates, and/or group companies, advisors, advertising agencies etc. are strictly prohibited from participating in the Contest.