Veg Ramen Bowl with boiled egg By Chef Ajay Chopra
Veg Ramen Bowl with boiled egg
Veg Ramen Bowl with boiled egg is an instant comfort food. Chef Ajay Chopra brings the recipe of this Japanese delight to your kitchen.Read More
For Veg Ramen Bowl with boiled egg
4 chopped garlic cloves
4 cups veggie stock
1/2 cup soaked Shiitake Mushrooms, sliced
2 tbsp mirin (Japanese cooking wine)
1-2 tbsp miso paste
2 tbsp chopped celery
1 tbsp sliced ginger
pepper to taste
sriracha or hot chilli oil (optional)
200-220 gm Ramen noodles
200 gm cubed crispy paneer
fresh baby spinach
soft boiled egg
- Heat a pan, add oil and garlic and sauté. Add the veggie stock, chopped shiitakes, celery, miso paste, ginger, pepper and mirin. Bring to a Simmer.
- Simmer for 25-30 minutes uncovered on medium heat. Adjust salt to your taste.
- While the broth is simmering, cook the ramen noodles in the broth.
- Prep other veggies and other toppings. Blanch the bok choy and spinach in the broth. Use a combo of fresh and cooked veggies for the best texture. Make the crispy tofu and soft-boiled egg.
- For assembly - fill the bowl with cooked noodles, crispy tofu and any blanched, pickled and fresh veggies. Pour the flavorful Shiitake broth over top. Top with scallions, sesame seeds and togarashi spice. Serve immediately.
Veg Ramen Bowl with boiled egg is an instant comfort food that is widely consumed throughout the globe. Although the dish originates from Japan, it was brought to Japan by a Chinese scholar in the 17th century. Soon, the ramen culture quickly spread in Japan and now it is a popular and much-loved food around the world.
Plenty of mushrooms, bok choy, miso paste and use of vegetable broth gives this dish a unique umami flavour.
Veg Ramen Bowl with boiled egg is delicious and soul satisfying.