Vrat special, Raw Banana Cutlets By Harjeet Kaur (wordsmithkaur)
Catch up on Lifestyle Shows.
Read about Lifestyle.
Discover new Recipes.
Know your Chefs.
Participate and Win.
Share and Comment.
Stay in Tune.
Additional details required
Vrat special, Raw Banana Cutlets
Winner - Utsaval Recipe Contest
Vrat food is so exotic that we make it rarely. But yes, it is Satvik, pure, vegetarian and simple and a great way to detox the body from the Tamsik food that we eat. I made fancy hearts, stars and flower shape cutlets to make them look exotic. It is healthy and helps regulate blood sugar.Read More
- 250 gms Raw bananas
- 1 Black cardamom Badi elaichi
- 2 tsp White rock salt sendha namak
- 2 tsp Coriander seeds powdered
- 1/2 tsp Chilli powder
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Green chilli chopped
- Chopped fresh Coriander
- Oil for deep frying or pan fry
- For dusting -Kuttu ka atta optional
- Cut the bananas into 2-inch size pieces. Boil the bananas in just enough water to cover them.
- Add ginger and 1 black cardamom to the boiling bananas. Cook bananas to bite-like consistency, and remove them from the fire. It will take 10 to 15 minutes in an open pan.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix nicely to get a firm dough like consistency.
- Take a ball of dough and mould into any shape of your choice, round, oval or take cookie cutters and make fancy shapes like hearts, stars or flowers.
- Because I grate my mixture. It was perfect, not mushy or soggy. It moulds easily. But if your mixture acts up on you, then you can add Kuttu ka atta to bind and dust the cutlets.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the cutlets till golden and drain on a paper towel. You can even pan fry the cutlets.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Serve the Raw Banana cutlets, hot with mint chutney. Enjoy.
- Recipe Notes- Cut the banana into 2-3-inch pieces Use just enough water that covers the banana and dries up. Boil the banana till it has a little bite in it. Do not over-boil. Grate the banana after peeling instead of mashing. It is easier to bind.