CHOCOLATE AND PISTACHIO FLAPJACKS By shubender singh
Catch up on Lifestyle Shows.
Read about Lifestyle.
Discover new Recipes.
Know your Chefs.
Participate and Win.
Share and Comment.
Stay in Tune.
Additional details required
CHOCOLATE AND PISTACHIO FLAPJACKS
Winner - Utsaval Recipe Contest
Rich in protein and fibre, pistachios and oats combine together perfectly to create a yummy, healthy, energising treat this recipe which is easy to make, and can be enjoyed for breakfast or as a low sugar snack These pistachio, and dark chocolate energy bars with mixed oatsRead More
- 115g mayonnaise and butter
- 4 tbsp Golden syrup
- 240g Rolled oats
- 100g Granulated white sugar
- 180g Chocolate.. So I actually used a combination of Belgium and dark chocolate.
- Crushed Pistachios (place around 12-14 a plastic zipper bag and crush with a rolling pi
- In a pan on low-medium heat, add the mayonnaise and golden syrup.
- Once the mayonnaise has melted add the oats and sugar. Mix well for 3-4 minutes.
- Place flat on a lined baking tray. Bake in a pre heated oven on gas mark 5/190 for around 15 mins.
- Allow to cool for 20 mins. Then add the melted chocolate and crushed pistachios garnish.
- Allow to cool at room temperature for 40 minutes. Then place in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hours before cutting. Using a cold knife to cut will help to keep the flapjacks straight.