Christmas Plum Cake By Chef Akanksha Khatri
Christmas Plum Cake
Plum Cake is a must for Christmas celebration or festive occasion. Chef Akanksha Khatri shares the recipe of classic Christmas Plum Cake.Read More
For Christmas Plum Cake
100 gm butter
100 gm castor sugar
150 gm refined flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp clove powder
1 cup soaked mixed dry fruits
Ingredients to be soaked in orange juice
¼ cup sultanas
¼ cup dried figs
¼ cup glazed cherries
¼ cup almonds, chopped
¼ cup dates, chopped
¼ cup cashew nuts, chopped
¼ cup raisins
1 cup orange juice
- In a bowl and add all the dried fruits and nut along with orange juice, let this mixture soak for minimum 24 hrs or 2-3 months in advance.
- Combine butter and sugar in a bowl and beat with the help of an electric whisk till light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one by one along with vanilla extract and beat till until combined.
- Now using cut and fold technique, fold in refined flour, baking powder, clove powder and cinnamon powder.
- Now add in 3-4 tbsp of soaked mixture along with its liquid to form a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into a greased mould and bake at 180°C for 30-40 mins or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Once the cake cools down, de-mould the cake dust with icing sugar and decorate with glazed cherries.
Christmas cakes are made many different ways but a Christmas is incomplete without a Plum Cake. Christmas Plum cakes have plums as the primary ingredient. Dried fruits like grapes, raisins or prunes or fresh fruits are added to it depending on personal taste and preference. In various countries Plums soaked in rum are used for this cake.
Chef Akanksha makes a moist, spongy and delicious Christmas Plum Cake with a little bit of orange flavour. This cake is super delicious and makes Christmas truly merry.