Gujrati Papdi Khichu By jai narayan
Catch up on Lifestyle Shows.
Read about Lifestyle.
Discover new Recipes.
Know your Chefs.
Participate and Win.
Share and Comment.
Stay in Tune.
Additional details required
Gujrati Papdi Khichu
Winner - Utsaval Recipe Contest
Khichu is a wholesome meal that has the perfect balance of nutrients.khichu soothes the stomach and the intestines, making it the perfect meal The combination of rice, and ghee provides you with carbohydrates, proteins, dietary fiber, vitamin C, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and potassiumRead More
- 4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp papadkharo / Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Carom seeds (ajwain)
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 5-6 no. Spicy green chilli paste
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh green garlic
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 1.5 cup rice flour
- 3 tbsp finely chopped green coriander leaves
- Peanut oil
- Achaar Masala
- leaves Green coriander
- First add water in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Now when the water boils a little, add papadkharo(baking soda), ajwain and salt and let the water boil for another 3 minutes.
- Now add white sesame seeds, cumin seeds, green chilli paste and chopped green garlic and let it boil for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Now add 1 tbsp peanut oil and mix it. Quickly add the rice flour, and mix it using the wooden spatula. make sure everything is mixed well properly. If you still see flour, add tiny amounts of hot water as required until you don't see white flour anymore. Make sure your khichu doesn't become soggy.
- Now put this khichu in a pan and cover it with a lid for 5 to 7 minutes. Now our masala khichu is ready.
- Now to serve this khichu, in a large bowl add 1 tbsp peanut oil, .